Chicken Pot Pie for Two Nights
1 package of antibiotic boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Shredded
1 16 ounce package of organic frozen, mixed veggies
4 pie crusts
2/3 cup organic butter
2/3 cup chopped organic onion
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 large 30 ounce box of organic chicken broth
½ teaspoon pepper
1 cup organic milk
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line two pie pans with pie crust.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Odd onion, cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Add flour, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended. Gradually stir in milk and broth, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
3. Add cooked chicken and uncooked veggies; mix well. Spoon mixture into the crust-lined pie pans. Top with second crusts; seal edges and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
4. Bake the first pie at 425 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown, covering the edge of crust with strips of foil during the last 15 to 20 minutes of baking. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
5. Wrap well and freeze the second chicken pot pie. Should freeze well for a month.