Feel free to send along your best healthy recipes and when I see an especially good one come along, I’ll send you a surprise! I’ll post all recipes as long as they meet the healthy guidelines listed below. If you have a blog or website, send a link to it as well, and I’ll be sure to post it with your recipe.
To submit a recipe to dkMommy Spot:
- Please, no processed foods and aim to be healthy. Processed = refined sugar, artificial sweeteners, boxes of premade items, cans of soup, etc. I know sometimes a little sugar is necessary to the recipe, but it’s always better if it can be substituted with something like agave nectar, honey, maple syrup, stevia, etc.
- They can be dessert, main course, side dish–you name it!
- They must contain no meat or very little meat.
- They need to be made as inexpensively as possible, so, Aunt Emma’s Saffron Salad recipe is probably a little too pricey. Remember, we’re helping each other cut back on that grocery bill.
- They should be pretty easy to make. Either 30 minutes or less, or something that takes very little babysitting at the stove. (For instance, I find bean dishes to be very easy. But cooking time is slow. As long as we can cook it with ease, great!)
Email me your recipe to themommyspot(at)gmail(dot)com. I’ll post the recipes as soon as I can, and I’ll put links to them all on this page so we can all peruse them at our leisure.
Sauteed Zucchini, Squash & Mushrooms (Could be a main dish too!)