mom. Organic Gardening. February 19th , 2018.
Organic gardening is a series of method to grow plants by using things only found in nature. It’s a better alternative of gardening that offers plenty benefits to humans and environment.
So you now may ask, how can organic gardening benefits you and the environment as well?
1. One part of organic gardening is organic compost. You can make organic compost easily using kitchen and garden scraps. It will require some time and effort to make it, but it’s eco-friendly and definitely cheaper than to buy one.
2. Good organic gardening avoid to use chemicals which are lethal to the human body. It had been proven in many studies that the chemicals absorbed into the human body could potentially cause sickness and disease, like cancer, especially in the long term. Organic gardening benefits your body as the products are healthy and safe to be consumed.
3. Sustainable organic gardening benefits the environment by reducing the environmental damage affecting the ecosystem. Chemicals are constantly dumped into the waterways, destroying local life and polluting the ecosystem.
4. Organic farming stop the erosion of topsoil to happen. In the US, it’s estimated that 30 billion tons of soil has lost from it’s farmlands every year.
5. Profitable organic gardening offers financial benefits. In organic gardening, there’s no need to buy high-priced chemical pesticides and fertilizers. Many organic recipes to control diseases and pests can be made using materials found in your kitchen. Certain plants can be grown alongside other plants for companion planting. Such as marigold best to be planted next to vegetables to repel aphids.
To make a cheap and effective insect spray, mix one tablespoon of dish-washing soap with one cup of cooking oil. Combine 3 tablespoons of this mixture with one quart of water and spray it on your plants.
6. Apply pine-needle mulch to suppress the weed infestation in your garden and to retain the moisture.
As a conclusion, incorporating organic methods in gardening help the environment to stay healthy for many generations.
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does dkmommyspot claim ownership or responsibility for such items, and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.